Let op, dit is een pre-order! Officiele verschijningsdatum is 7 juli 2019 en je boek wordt verstuurd zodra ik deze binnen heb uit de US. Er is geen minimum pre-order aantal nodig, deze bestelling gaat altijd door!
Met deze combodeal koop je beide boeken en krijg je een €10,00 kortingsbon om uit te geven aan een paar American Duchess schoenen of laarzen!
The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Beauty: 40 Projects for Period-Accurate Hairstyles, Makeup, and Accessories
You've made the costume, you've got the shoes...but now what to do about the lofty 18th-century hairstyle? And what sort of makeup does one wear, too? In the American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Beauty, follow the antique recipes and learn the original techniques to complete your Georgian look from the shoulders up. This beautiful step-by-step guide opens a whole new historical world of possibilities and creativity with hairstyles ranging from the 1750s through the end of the 18th century, along with caps and headwear to add that extra something to your ensemble. Achieve that "stepped out of a portrait" look!
The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Beauty includes...
American Duchess Guid to 18th century Dressmaking
- 40 recipes and projects for beauty products, hairstyles, caps, and hats with how-to, step-by-step instructions and photos.
- Gridded patterns and diagrams for caps and hats from the 1750s to the 1790s
- Detailed instructions and photos for pomading, powdering, and styling your own hair.
- Step-by-step instructions for how to make handy hairpieces to complete almost any look.
- Essential research notes on period correct cosmetics and accessories.
- Illustrated guide to historic stitches used.
Do you dream of time traveling to the court of Versailles or the Scottish Highlands? Whatever shall you wear? This comprehensive guide to historically accurate 18th century sewing will walk you through how to make and wear your Georgian dream gown and all the fabulous accessories too. Full of historically accurate dressmaking techniques, Lauren and Abby teach you how to make four of the most iconic 18th century silhouettes―the English Gown, Sacque Gown, Italian Gown and Round Gown―using the same hand sewing techniques done by mantua-makers and milliners of the past.
From panniers to split bums, wool petticoats to grand silk gowns, ruffled aprons to big fluffy caps, The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Dressmaking has project patterns and instructions for every level of 18th century sewing enthusiast. With Lauren and Abby’s guidance, accurate 18th century costuming is demystified, making this beautiful period of dress accessible to historic costumers and cosplayers alike.
The American Duchess Guide includes...
- 40 18th century sewing projects with how-to, step-by-step instructions and photos.
- Gridded patterns and diagrams for accessories, gown linings, and construction notes.
- Detailed instructions and photos for fitting your gown.
- Step-by-step instructions for how to get dressed and style your ensemble.
- Essential research notes on gown styles, textiles, and more.
- Illustrated guides to historic stitches used as well as troubleshooting fitment and silhouette.
Terug naar overzicht
Paperback: 240 pages
Andere klanten kochten ook
Schrijf een reactie